Sunday, August 28, 2011

"I will make weak things become strong unto them"

Today at church we talked about sacrifice, and what we would define sacrifice in our own words. To me; its willing to give up something, having a broken heart and a contrite heart (faith). If the Lord asks you to do something you will have faith in him to do it.
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness, I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; and have faith in me then I will make weak things become strong unto them." (Ether 12:27)
My teacher was talking about how her sister had to bury her 9 year old daughter that was born with a disability that eventually took her life. It really made me think. We don't know what that Lord's plan is for us but, he said, it wouldn't be easy, but that it would be worth it.
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (Jeremiah 29:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment