Friday, May 4, 2012

How Blessed I Am

So living in a really religious town, and everyone knows or is related to everyone type deal... I thought that it was so annoying. My high school seems like it is so political for sports- you don't make the team because your last name isn't such and such, or your not on good terms with the coaches. But, yesterday   my teachers 12 year old son passed away of suicide. It was very tragic for everyone, kids his age aren't suppose to die like that! Its been a really rough week for everyone who knew him and his family. My teacher was a softball coach, and is a football coach for our school. His son, loved the football team, and so we're trying to raise money for our school to be able to get a new turf field :) It was his dream to play on a turf field and wanted it so bad. In honor of him, a lot of kids from our school and other schools wore green- his favorite color. Its amazing! There is so much love where we live, its so overwhelming! I literally started choking up on Facebook last night from all the sweet and touching posts about him.
So I've been thinking that- I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. From watching the news and how bad some people have it. I truly have it good over here, I live in such an awesome community! I'm so grateful for where I live.

 

"If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane. I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again."

-Anonymous 

No comments:

Post a Comment