Thursday, August 21, 2014

I'm going on a mission!

Hey Everybody!
Well its about time that I update. In the past 5 months I've lived in Island Park, ID working at a fishing resort. It was definitely a new experience, meeting a lot of new people from all over the world. People that I worked with were very unique and sometimes too much. But while I was up there- I received my mission call! I have been called to the Wichita Kansas mission!! I report October 1st 2014. I'm very excited and nervous along with anxious- it depends on the day. But I promise that I'm excited and ready for this chapter in my life and to take a pause on my current life and serve the Lord for a year and a half to bring others unto Him.

Just this past Sunday on my way to work- I had been stressed with preparation for my mission because I've got hardly anything done since I worked all the time. So I was thinking to myself and asking God that my boss could let me come home earlier that I was scheduled. I had been given the date of Sep. 14th- leaving me with 2 weeks to prepare. So I was really nervous about this whole situation. Work was going as usual, I somehow seemed to upset someone- it was just a given and I don't know what I do.(I promise I'm a great worker.) Anyway, my boss' had come in to the restaurant for lunch and my one boss looked at me and mentioned that the season has slowed down a lot faster than she expected it to. So she asked me if I would want to go home earlier? Instantly, I was in shock, speechless. Then I started to cry. It probably wasn't the best time to let my emotions show but, I was so grateful that I didn't care. Right there was testimony to me that God does hear our prayers no matter how small. He does love us and does want what's best for us. I'm so grateful for the small tender mercies I have been given in my life. I owe everything to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, I love this gospel so much and I cannot wait to be able to share it with the people of Kansas.

I know that is God lives and that he does care and He loves us much more than we think we deserve. The Book of Mormon is true, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true and I know that if we have faith and trust in the Lord that God WILL bless us.
 ~Always have faith~
 
 
 
Love,
 Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment